Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The land of rainbows........... by photoheaven7

Oh great! Now I get to do a blogg all in green. "BLOG" that's an Irish word, isn't it? "Top of the blog to ya !" Only joking, the word is bog in Irish. Yes, bog is blogg in Gealic, and it also means toilet.
That's enough culture for now, lets get on with the business of Ireland. Ach! the land of rainbows. Well I come from there, born where the "Mountains of Mourne Sweep Downn to the Sea". Sadly I don't know a word of Gaelic, apart from the word bog/blog/blogg.
Only joking, it's just that google translate doesn't have the Gaelic type set yet.
Seriously though, I don't know the Gaelic language as my teacher was "Goofy Gallagher" and we learned nothing but instead laughed at her big teeth and greasy hair. She had a beard too!
Anyway, "to cut a long story short", my mother wouldn't let me go to the Irish speaking summer camps in the west of the country where young people can speak in Gealic and practice with boys. And it was for the later reason that she would'nt let me go.......hmmmmmm!
It is a truely beautiful place and so so green, due to all the rainfall. I live in Israel now and people here are very interested in the way you can see sheep and cows everywhere along the roads as you drive.....and also the contrast from the desert landscape. Although Jerusalem does get a little winter and snow and also the far North of the Galilee region, and it feels like real Irish weather
"How can people live there in Ireland", people ask me, "it's so grey".....Well it's the land of rainbows silly. If it was sunny and bright you would't see them.
So many things to tell about the place.... Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment